The Policy indemnifies the insured against loss sustained during the course of a journey outside the United Arab Emirates as detailed under the following sections:
For full details of the cover, Benefits / limits conditions and exclusions, please obtain and refer to the TravelNet Policy.
To pay up to the amount stated in the Schedule in all each Insured Person in respect of reimbursement for the benefit of the Insured Person only, of deposits paid and forfeited and further non-returnable payments due under the terms of the travel booking if the Journey is necessarily and unavoidably cancelled or curtailed due to:
1) The death, injury or illness of:
a. The Insured Person, or
b. The Person with whom the Insured Person is travelling or had arranged to travel, such Person having the same Country of Domicile as the Insured Person, or
c. The spouse, parent, parent-in-law, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother, sister, fiancé(e), such Person having the same Country of Domicile as the Insured Person.
2) Burglary, serious fire, storm or flood damage at the home of the Insured Person
In the event of Accidental Bodily Injury being sustained by the Insured Person during the Period of Insurance resulting in A, B or C below, benefit will be paid up to the amount stated in the Schedule for:
b. Loss of one or more Limbs or one or both Eyes
c. Permanent Total Disablement from following any occupation
1. In respect of an Insured Person less than 18 years of age at the time of Accidental Bodily Injury the death under (A) above will be limited to the amount stated in the Schedule.
2. No benefits will be payable:
i) Under (A) or (B) unless such death or loss occurs within twelve months of the date of Accidental Bodily Injury;
ii) Under (C) except on proof to the Insurer that the disablement has continued for twelve months from the date of injury and in all probability will continue for the remainder of the Insured Person’s life.
3. The maximum amount of all benefits payable for one or more injuries sustained by an Insured Person during the Journey shall not exceed the amount stated in the Schedule.
To pay to the amount stated in the Schedule in all each injured or sick Insured Person in respect of:
1. Medical, hospital and treatment expenses (including emergency dental treatment for immediate relief of pain only), additional accommodation and repatriation expenses necessarily incurred and payable within twelve months of the incident giving rise to a claim as certified by a registered Medical Practitioner abroad, as the result of the Insured Person becoming ill (requiring hospitalisation) or sustaining Accidental Bodily Injury during the Period of Insurance, such expenses having been specifically agreed by Insurers or their appointed Emergency Assistance Company.
2. The necessary travel and hotel expenses of a relative or friend of the Insured Person or qualified nurse who shall on medical advice accompany the Insured Person because of the severe disability of the Insured Person.
3. Additional repatriation expenses necessarily incurred by the Insured Person consequent upon the death, sudden illness or injury of the Person’s spouse, parent, parent-in-law, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother, sister, fiancé(e) resident in the Insured Person’s Country of Domicile.
4. Transfer of the Insured Person’s body or ashes in the event of death to the Country of Domicile when travelling abroad (excluding funeral and interment costs) or alternatively to pay up to US$1,500 towards the cost of burial or cremation expenses if incurred abroad.
5. The cost of return air transportation for a specialist to attend the Insured Person when considered medically necessary as agreed by the Insurers or their appointed Emergency Assistance Company.
In the event that the Insured Person is admitted to a hospital (licensed for surgery) abroad, as an in-patient sustained during the Journey, the Insurers will pay to the Insured Person a benefit of the amount stated in the Schedule for each complete day that the Insured Person is hospitalised up to the maximum amount stated in the Schedule in all.
To pay up to the total amounts stated in the Schedule to indemnify the Insured Person for the intrinsic value or cost of repairs, whichever is the lesser, of the above property which is accidentally lost, stolen or damaged, such property owned by the Insured Person having been taken on, sent in advance of or purchased on the Journey by the Insured Person.
Limited to the amount stated in the Schedule in respect of any one item, pair or set. Insurers liability in respect of Jewellery and Valuables is limited to a maximum of the amount stated in the Schedule in all each Insured Person.
This Section also includes reimbursement up to the amount stated in the Schedule each Insured Person, for necessary expenses incurred for the emergency purchases of essential items of clothing or requisites consequent upon the temporary deprivation of baggage due to delay or misdirection in delivery on an outward Journey only, provided that the Insured Person is not entitled to similar cover under any other insurance.
To pay up to the amount stated in the Schedule in all this Section to indemnify the Insured Person for theft of or the accidental loss of cash, bank or currency notes, cheques, postal or money orders, travellers cheques, travel tickets, passports and petrol coupons during the Journey. Loss of actual cash (bank notes, coins and currency) is limited to the amount allowed by any currency regulations applicable at the date of commencement of the Journey or to the amount stated in the Schedule each Insured Person whichever is the lesser.
To indemnify an Insured Person for legal liability to a Third Party up to the amount stated in the Schedule arising during the Period of Insurance as a result of:
(a) Accidental injury to any Person.
(b) Accidental loss or damage to property.
Also to indemnify an Insured Person for:
(i) Third Parties costs and expenses recoverable from an Insured Person under local law.
(ii) An Insured Person’s costs and expenses incurred with the written prior consent of the Insurers.
Reimbursement of necessary expenses incurred up to the amount stated in the Schedule for each Insured Person, if the aircraft in which the Insured Person had arranged to travel from or to their country of residence as a fare paying passenger, is delayed for at least the number of hours stated in the Schedule from the time specified in the travel itinerary supplied to the Insured Person due to Strike, Industrial Action, adverse weather conditions, or mechanical breakdown or derangement of the aircraft.
To pay up to the amount stated in the Schedule for the cost of extra accommodation and transport to reach the journey destination because the Insured Person does not reach the international departure port, airport by the time shown in the travel itinerary because public transport does not run to its published timetable or the vehicle in which the Insured Person is travelling is involved in an accident or breakdown.
To pay for legal costs and expenses up to the amount stated in the Schedule incurred by the Insured Person or the Insured Person’s representatives in pursuit of legal proceedings for compensation and/or damages directly arising from or out of injury to or death of the Insured Person during the period of the Journey, including the costs of consultation.
If after the Insured Persons departure on an Insured Journey the Insured Person loses their travel documents (including the Insured Persons passport) insurers will indemnify the Insured for the necessary additional costs of replacing the documents up to the limit shown in the Schedule of Benefits. A report from the police or immigration authority or consular representative is required and a copy of travel documents / passport replacement.
|1. Loss Of Deposit, Cancellation, Curtailment||Up to 1,000|
|2. Personal Accident|
|a) Death by Accident||Up to 25,000|
|b) Loss of Limb or eye||Up to 25,000|
|c) Permanent Total Disablement||Up to 25,000|
|3. Medical Expenses||Up to 75,000|
|4. a) Baggage And Personal Effects||Up to 1,000|
|b) Temporary Deprivation Of Baggage||Up to 100|
|5. Personal Money||Up to 250|
|6. Personal Liability||Up to 300,000|
|7. Travel Delay||Up to 250|
|8. Missed Departure||Up to 500|
|9. Legal Expenses||Up to 10,000|
|10. Loss Of Passport||Up to 200|
|PERIOD||EUROPE||U.S.A./CANADA||GCC||REST OF THE WORLD|
Upto 7 days
|8 to 14 days||145||300||125||240|
|15 to 28 days||200||350||175||315|
|Each additional week||30||60||30||40|